- By country
- By industry
- By topic
- Top 100
- Slovenia and Croatia ranked highest in ICT development in Southeast Europe (SEE) in 2017, data from International Telecommunication Union’s study Measuring the Information Society Report shows.
- Bulgaria is the second most innovative upper-middle income country in the world, the most innovation efficient country and the top innovation achiever in SEE together with Moldova, according to the Global Innovation Index 2017.
- SEE countries are strong in the ICT infrastructure component in innovation with Serbia as a regional leader.
- With 70 enterprises Bulgaria has the highest number of fintech companies in SEE.
- The fintech market in Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia and Croatia stood at combined EUR 371 mln in 2017.
- The development potential of fintech companies in SEE is closely related to collaboration with banks and financial institutions.